Tuesday 30 April 2013

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas...

Recently got into a discussion on a forum and ended up talking about ideas I had for an army.

Now coupled with the rise of flyers in 6th Edition 40K I've increasingly been looking at doing a RAF Regiment theme Guard army, basically an airfield defence force.

Also had a look of the Second Edition of Forgeworld's Imperial Armour book that covers the Imperial Guard. In particular I noticed the weapons platforms and had an idea or two.

During WW2 the RAF Regiment maintained batteries of light anti-aircraft guns in the form of Bofors 40mm guns, I can pick models of these up quite cheaply from Warlord Games; http://www.warlordgames.com/store/bolt-action/british-army/british-qf-40mm-bofors-aa-gun-mk-iii-1942-1945.html

In 40K terms I could class them as a twin-linked autocannon Sabre weapons platform, this would be the Hydra flak gun could fill a role as 'heavy' anti-aircraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment